Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pooptastic

I must the WORST diaper changer in the world. Well, maybe not the world but among other mothers, I rank pretty low. I cloth diaper full time and it's becoming a challenge for me. Not the cloth diapering, that part rocks, but the changing of the poop diapers. E's added mobility and need to grab everything around her doesn't help. As soon as I open the diaper she is making a grab for the poop! Here's what usually happens when I change a poop diaper: As soon as I lay her on the changing table she starts to cry. She hates having her diaper changed so I give her a toy or sing a song to calm her down. Then I open the diaper and examine the specimen quickly to see what I'm working with it. If it's a neat little turd I jump for joy and the rest of the process usually goes by without a hitch. The problem arises when we have mushy peanut buttery poop. Not only does this poop get all over her diaper area but it's also difficult to wipe off. All would be fine and dandy if she kept still during the butt cleaning process. However, she does not. Her little hands immediately begin to migrate south so I'm juggling trying to contain the poop in the diaper, grabbing a wipe and wetting it (yes I use cloth wipes too), holding her legs up so she doesn't get the poop that is still on her butt onto the changing pad, and keeping her hands away from her crotch. I'm lucky if I get through it without getting poop on myself. I tell ya, I need 6 hands to be able to do this. I don't know how other mothers do it. Just this week E grabbed some poop and smeared it on her cheek.I need to take some diaper changing classes or something. This stinks, literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment