Friday, January 7, 2011

New year, new baby

E is 2 days short of turning 5 months old and she has been through a lot this last week! For starters, we moved so she is in a whole new house. This took some adjusting to on her part. Our first night in the new house, New Years Eve, was simply awful. She cried and yelled and refused to sleep. She only wanted mommy. My husband joked that we should trade her in for a new baby. We were all exhausted but got through it okay. As the days went on she became more comfortable with her new environment. She still has some sleep issues but that is related to her teething, I think. I hope...
We started E on cereal this week, oatmeal cereal to be exact. I mix 1 tbsp of cereal with 2 tbsp of breast milk She then sits in a high chair and eats with a spoon, like a big girl! She likes it but gets frustrated by the way she has to eat it. She is used to an easy bottle and does not like to work for her food. I discovered this early on when I tried to nurse her. 
As you can see, she was more interested in playing with her bib

Another accomplishment this week, she is learning to hold her own bottle! Mostly she just grabs it and jerks it out of her mouth. Little by little she is learning to hold it steady.
 Lastly, my little one is starting to sit up unassisted. She still topples over but can support her weight with her arms.

2 comments:

  1. Dropping by from the BBC blogs post. The title of your blog cracked me up! It's a cute blog. Keep up the good work.

    Shan :+)

    ReplyDelete